Re: Categorization of packages (was Re: Aptitude, ARs)

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 10:29:50AM -0500, Daniel Burrows wrote:
>   The browse mode is a bit of an experiment -- my feeling was that it
> was somewhat easier to navigate (when you were working with categories)
> than the standard hierarchy.  You can adjust the grouping policy of the
> main view to include categories by typing "G" and replacing the two
> section(...) invocations with "hier".

Ah, much better :)

>   Oh -- I just figured out what you mean about hitting "q".  The browser
> was set up to use "left" to go "back" and "right" to go forwards.

Oh, I gave up on the hope that I'd be able to use aptitude like that a
while ago...

Couldn't this be done similarily in the main view?

Or asked differently: Are you willing to accept proposals/patches that
might improve the keystrokes?

> > Well, this needs manpower. Fortunately, it does not need l33t C++
> > hacking skills, so we could probably get some volunteers quickly if we
> > motivate them.
>
>   Yes.

Is the current unstable version your latest try on this? Or do you have
a more recent version of the function_pkgs file? Osamu?

thanks,

Michael