Re: [internal-projects] [Debian-multimedia] Start an official internal project!

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Francesco Paolo Lovergine wrote:
> We have currently 5 well-known sub-projects, debian-multimedia could be a
> new one, but you must define many things to clarify what's a multimedia project.
> I see only woody-related stuffi there. This is a non-sense. We cannot
> work on stable, too many things are now different among woody and sid.
> Packaging needs to be done on sid. A meta-package could be ideal.

I do not see an easy way to release a distribution based on sid with
the deadlines we have to stick to.
The fact that the Demudi woody branch is the most complete reflect
this situation. (which doesn't mean that the packages do not compile
or run on sid)

Debian is incredibly slow with its releases, we all know that.
The users we (demudi) have only care about the applications they get and
the stability of the system. They don't give a damn which compiler
was used to build it.

Demudi has the same problems with Debian like everyone trying to build
a user friendly distribution based on Debian had up to now.

To solve this problem there are two ways, either change structures in
Debian or do it on your own.
I chose the second one, again because I had deadlines, now I regret
that I tried to stick to them.

Guenter