Re: Some ideas about the Debian Runlevel System

Joachim Breitner <debian@joachim-breitner.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Mit, 2003-01-29 um 08.36 schrieb Miles Bader:
>> I wish debian would switch to something a bit more modern and less
>> bizarre than the sysv init (but more featureful than the traditional BSD
>> one).
>
> I used LFS before debian, an I really liked the simpleinit scheme used
> there.

I have read about simpleinit and i found it really amazing. I would
appreciate it if somebody makes a simpleinit debian package. This
package could coexist with the others. The init.d/* scripts can check
for an environment variable and call the necessary need (and provides)
commands.

I would install simpleinit by hand, but I'm in doubt that a package
maintainer would consider my wishlist bug for adding the necessary
lines unless there is a debian package of simpleinit.

But I'm not a developer..

   --Nikolaus