Re: cvs.debian.org problem

On 29-Jan-03, 02:52 (CST), Andreas Metzler <ametzler@downhill.at.eu.org> wrote:
> Running it chrooted under a non-priviledged user-id in a directory
> where /this/ user has no write access should make the risk tolerable.
> Iirc cvsd (I don't know whether it is in Debian) can do this.

The trouble is that CVS needs write access *somewhere* even if it's
providing read-only access to the repository, because of its locking.
By default, "somewhere" is the repository itself. In theory, you can
configure the locking to be in another tree, but I've had problems with
that.

Steve
--
Steve Greenland