Re: Some ideas about the Debian Runlevel System

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 05:56:26PM -0500, Noah L. Meyerhans wrote:
> Either we should make use of our runlevels by default or we should ditch
> them by moving to file-rc or the BSD init system by default, leaving
> sysvinit as an option to those who care to define runlevels.

How is going to use file-rc changing anything [except breaking
third-party applications]? It still has all runlevels, it just uses a
file instead of symlinks to determine which things should run in which
runlevel.

small snippet from /etc/runlevel.conf:
# Format:
# <sort> <off-> <on-levels>     <command>
20      0,1,6   2,3,4,5         /etc/init.d/ulogd

Stephen Rüger

--
Jede Nation spottet über die andere, und alle haben recht.
-- Schopenhauer