Re: Some ideas about the Debian Runlevel System

Op di 28-01-2003, om 22:03 schreef Alexander Wirt:
> Hi folks,
>
> Debian supports currently 7 Runlevel 0,1 and 6 are predefined.
> But 2 - 5 aren't really used. At default we link every Programm in every
> Level, I think this is a bit of counterproductive.

Not really. This setup leaves the most freedom to the local admin,
whereas the 'logical breakup' that RedHat et al. preconfigure, leaves
you (IIRC) exactly one runlevel for customizations.

Which is stupid, because there is no reason why one *should* link xdm to
a certain runlevel.

--
wouter at grep dot be
"An expert can usually spot the difference between a fake charge and a