[accessibility] brlspeak presentation (debian for visual deficients) / Mbrola

Hello
This is just to give the list some news about the brlspeak project,
Last week, four of us were in Paris for our first 'event', we had been
invited by la cité des sciences (some sort of a national science center),
everything went smoothly and we've seen that in the long term our project
could really have an important audience. We just need to work some more on
the installation process.

Debian is particularly adapted to visual deficients, and since our system
mainly aims at newbies, apt is a wonderful thing (we used to be based on
slackware...).

Mbrola quickly appeared as a really nice solution since some came from
foreign countries, so I consider it as important that mbrola binary gets into
non-free. However, it has so many voices (58!) approximately 400MB, that I
would not want to publish this in debian mainstream, I think I'm going to
make an installer package, something like for the package agsatellite. The
text to phoneme programs that must be used with mbrola (mbrola only does
phoneme to speech), are almost all under the gpl so this should not be
a problem.

seb