Re: Suggested press release in reaction to RHAT dropping sparc and alpha

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 03:30:54PM +0100, Russell Coker wrote:
The amount of money required for Debian will be a lot less. If a company I worked for needed better support for Debian on a non-Intel CPU I'd recommend hiring someone from Eastern Europe. We appear to have quite a few Debian developers from EE countries and many programmers who haven't yet become developers. The cost of the cheapest SPARC server machine (I mean serious servers not those crappy T1's) is equivalent to many years salary for a programmer in EE.

If a company is happy with that option they could pay the same
cheap programmer to work from the redhat base.

Mike Stone