Re: Mass bugfiling potential: 'rules' with space

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 12:57:35AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	Son instead of being annoye once by a mass of bug reports,
>  people can be annoyed periodically at a rapid frequency as their
>  packages at different priorities are hit?

Clearly you didn't read the remainder of the message you've quoted, or

> 	I fail to see how breaking up a mass bug filing artificially
>  in any way ameliorates any offence the mass filing may cause. Indeed,
>  if you think that this works, I'll merely write up  a scriupt that
>  delays X units of time to file mass bug reports -- say, evey 6 hours
>  or so, some bugs shall be sent.

Yes, certainly the mass filing of bogus reports demonstrates the evil of
mass filing in general.

> 	The spirit, not the letter, of the objections to mass bug
>  filing ought to be looked at.

And where is that spirit articulated?  You seem to have a handle on it,
so why don't you do so?

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    I am sorry, but what you have
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    mistaken for malicious intent is