Re: CPAN modules in FHS violation

On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 10:57:49PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> we're just having a debate on this: aren't CPAN modules installed by
> Debian's perl into /usr in violation of the FHS? Shouldn't they really
> go to /usr/local as they aren't part of the distro?

Last I checked, they did go into /usr/local.

Or has this changed with perl 5.8.

I say /usr/local, if they are locally installed files not understood by
the packaging system.

Otherwise, you risk having old files left lying around in /usr
which just confuses the installation of new packages.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>