Re: OpenLDAP maintenance

OK, let me first apologize for not being more specific, especially now
that the forum and context of my message has changed and it's been
quoted not in full form and given a new context.

I think we have both made mistakes in this communication.

First, I was only referring to OpenLDAP packages as the subject of the
email was supposed to imply.  Reading it now I can understand how it was
misconstrued.

* Torsten Landschoff <torsten@debian.org> [020923 00:54]:
> On Sun, Sep 22, 2002 at 08:45:43PM -0700, Grant Bowman wrote:
> > I think it would be great if you could please offer you packages up for
> > adoption.  Looking at the Changelog this seems like the right thing to
> > do.  It seems clear to me that this package needs more attention than
> > you can provide.
>
> Now that's the most discouraging mail that I ever got since working on
> Debian. The changelog does not really describe all I am doing for
> the OpenLDAP packages. For example I wrote a patch (which is not really
> ready but I did not yet get any answer to the suggestion) to get the
> libldap dependency in exim dropped so that the normal slapd installation
> can have ssl support without the hack with the libldap2-tls package.
>
> The main reason I did not upload anything in the last days is that my
> hard disc broke and I spent a lot of time to move the whole system to
> a new disc and to check which files were broken. I don't really have the
> hardware to do a good backup, I only save my most important files.

In looking at the changelog I saw no entries of yours at all.  I was
looking at an older changelog in one of the binary packages.  I saw no
date or indication that you are a new maintainer of the package, but
this does seem to be the case in August and you have done work I was not
aware of.

> If somebody on this list agrees that OpenLDAP needs a new maintainer
> I will of course give it away. I don't want to block Debian's
> evolution. OTOH I am still very interested in the package.

Greetings,

--
-- Grant Bowman                                <grantbow@grantbow.com>