Re: Orphaning Unbuildable Packages (fpm)

On Sat, 21 Sep 2002, Drew Scott Daniels wrote:
> The packages builds fine on stable but doesn't on unstable and thus is

Thus it should be removed from unstable, since upstream is dead, it is
broken, and the maintainer does not want it and won't fix it.

IF you care about it, adopt it.  Otherwise, let it die peacefully...

> the package to be picked up. I don't mean to sound condescending, however I
> would like to take this opportunity to point out that this kind of package
> is a good candidate for a "removed" section that I had proposed.

You mean the morgue?  Believe me, the data is not lost.  We have the old
ones in stable, which will go to archive.d.o when woody is phased out.  The
packages in unstable will go to the morgue, to be ressurected if someone
decides they want it back.

  Henrique Holschuh