Re: NMU'ing for wishlist bugs? (aka: intent to NMU bind9)

    Stephen> * Turbo Fredriksson (turbo@debian.org) wrote:
    >> to /var/lib/named/var/cache/bind. Also the following links is
    >> in place (to ease transition for me, as the admin :)
    >>
    >> /etc/bind -> /var/lib/named/etc/bind /var/cache/bind ->
    >> /var/lib/named/var/cache/bind

    Stephen> What kind of links are those?  I'm thinking symlink won't
    Stephen> (at least shoudln't..) work and hardlinks only work if
    Stephen> they're the same filesystem, which is not required (and
    Stephen> not the case on most of my systems).

They work fine. '/etc/bind' is a link to '/var/lib/named/etc/bind /var/cache/bind'.

        [tuzjfi.pts/1]$ file /etc/bind /var/cache/bind
        /etc/bind:       symbolic link to /var/lib/named/etc/bind
        /var/cache/bind: symbolic link to ../lib/named/var/cache/bind

Why wouldn't they work? You probably read them backwards (or I WROTE
them backwards :)

They are only for me, the administrator. So I don't have to type in
the new path (it's easy to forget :).

--
Mossad iodine FBI SDI security World Trade Center Iran Waco, Texas
Kennedy president assassination Cocaine South Africa NORAD tritium