Re: NMU'ing for wishlist bugs? (aka: intent to NMU bind9)

    Mark> Well, that's cool.  It's even easier to run bind9 in a
    Mark> chroot, then, if the package maintainer wanted to set it up
    Mark> that way... it wouldn't require any other packages to change
    Mark> their configuration.

All I did was create the tree

        /var/lib/named/dev
        /var/lib/named/etc/bind
        /var/lib/named/var/cache/bind
        /var/lib/named/var/run
        /var/lib/named/var/log

Chown the right places, create the devices (null and random) and
move my /etc/bind to /var/lib/named/etc/bind and /var/cache/bind
to /var/lib/named/var/cache/bind. Also the following links is in
place (to ease transition for me, as the admin :)

        /etc/bind -> /var/lib/named/etc/bind
        /var/cache/bind -> /var/lib/named/var/cache/bind

Other than that, piece of cake :)

A nice feature would be if the bind9 install script(s) ASKED if
you'd like to run bind in a chroot, and then do the necessary
modifikations for you...
--
Mossad arrangements Semtex Clinton FSF Ft. Meade munitions security
Marxist genetic Qaddafi Rule Psix NSA congress PLO