Re: (Possible) menu code rewrite

On Jul 17, John Galt wrote:
> I believe that this would be called reinventing the wheel.  This was
> traditionally the role of group wheel, info su as to why it isn't done
> that way.

Not the same thing as wheel, since anyone can use the tools like su;
they're just not in the menus and they aren't in /etc/sudoers.

Of course, the GNU project's (ill-advised, IMO) decision to do away
with wheel in their su was the product of a radically different era in
ARPAnet (Internet) security, when tens of millions of untrusted
systems didn't have the ability to poke holes at your box.

Chris
--
Chris Lawrence <chris@lordsutch.com> - http://www.lordsutch.com/chris/