Re: Using .desktop files as basis for new menu code.

Em Wed, 17 Jul 2002 22:41:20 +0200, Erich Schubert <erich@debian.org> escreveu:

> As more and more people are using KDE or GNOME, i believe the best way
> would be to enhance their .desktop support so they can read the
> menu-.desktop files _without_ modification. That way update-menus would
> be very very fast...
> That solution would be better than a XML solution IMHO.
> Until KDE/GNOME move to XML files for their menu entries, of course.

I agree with this... as has been said we would gain i18n support
and utf8 free... working with the standardization teams to enhance
the format as needed would be the best thing to do, IMO.

[]s!

--
kov@debian.org: Gustavo Noronha <http://people.debian.org/~kov>
Debian: <http://www.debian.org> * <http://debian-br.cipsga.org.br>