Re: (Possible) menu code rewrite

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 07:02:26PM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > - more detailed categories. too flat hierarchy. "Net" is much too full.
> >   "Tools" doesn't fit on my 1600x1200 screen...
>
> Isn't the hint system supposed to fix that problem? Maybe it is time to have
> it enabled by default, and aggressively add hints to all packages providing
> menus.

Supposed to, but it doesn't work.  See the BTS, there's tons of examples
of how it totally breaks on an average system to use hints.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>          You want fries with that?

<Knghtbrd> I'd better put the incriminating stuff into code:  ahfuiovka
           ikperoa edfr ade 9 enbuw ejasxleme ka iena df4mesa
<Knghtbrd> If you can decrypt that, you're a better cryptographer than I
           am.  =)