Re: (Possible) menu code rewrite

Very important stuff the menu system needs:
- more detailed categories. too flat hierarchy. "Net" is much too full.
  "Tools" doesn't fit on my 1600x1200 screen...
  graphics & viewers...
- internationalization / localization. we do NEED translation here.
- support for UTF-8
- support for apps being in multiple places (like in "Office" and in
  "Editors").
- privilege flags (like root only, needs audio...)
... and probably much much more.

Actually compatibility isn't too much an issue: it just needs to be
able to parse the old files as well; the new ones IMHO could be a
completely new format. Probably more gnome .desktop or kde .kdelnk(?)
like.

Greetings,
Erich

--
        erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)        --        GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C
             The best things in life are free: Friendship and Love.