Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Your Packages (But Were Afraid to Ask)

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 03:53:30PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> > No matter, I was forgetting the we have already BTS and /devel/people
> > for example. :)
>
> Besides, you should be using spamassassin instead of trying to hide your
> email address anyways :)

Wrong approach for those with modems and pay-per-minute setups.

> For me, very little actual spam has slipped by it, and the few false
> positives it's found I don't care about anyways (like people without a
> clue posting HTML mail to the rsync list with no MX for the From:
> domain).

Spambouncer and spamassasin are great tools, and they rarely produce false
positives.  But where bandwidth is limited through technical or financial
hurdles, they're not enough.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>               Crazy in the coconut

<Teknix> our local telco has admitted that someone "backed into a
         button on a switch" and took the entire ATM network down
<netgod> hopefully now routers are designed better, so the "network
         off" swtich is on the back