Re: aspell-dictionary virtual package

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002 10:58:52 +0100
Domenico Andreoli <cavok@filibusta.crema.unimi.it> wrote:

> hi all
>
> after some time of work, debian starts to have a number dictionaries for
> aspell. as #139012 reports, maybe it's time to make a virtual package
> to ease the management of dependencies.
>
> i recall to have seen a procedure to ask for a virtual package...
I recall seeing such a procedure somewhere also... but could not find
it on debian-policy nor on developer's reference

I think you should just Provides: the virtual package and then ask
for inclusion on /usr/share/doc/debian-policy/virtual-package-names-list.text.gz
but I'm not sure about this... yes, I know policy is frozen, so this
will probably need to be postponed to woody+1...

I am the submitter of that bug... my question is: should I suggest
all dictionaries with an 'or' clause?

something like:

Suggests: aspell-da | aspell-de | aspell-en | aspell-es | aspell-fo | aspell-fr
| aspell-no

or this is bad?

[]s!

--