Re: inappropriate racist and other offensive material

On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 11:15:02AM +1030, Tom Cook wrote:
> > b.s.!  making fun of someone else's skin color is patently wrong, and i
> > don't care how you want to slice it or garnish it with "red herring":
>
> I don't think I agree with this.  Why is racism any different to
> religion, profession, food preferences, girth, sexuality, intelligence,
> the way someone walks, political preferences, accent, in fact any
> attribute of a person?  All of these are the subject of jokes;  why is
> racism blacklisted and not the others?

Probably because you tend not to choose your skin color[0], whereas most
of the other features you mention are at least partially under your
control[1].

Michael, going back to business

[0] Michael Jackson being the obvious deviation from the rule

[1] I have no idea what 'girth' is, though
--
"We been eating, breathing and sleeping Hip-Hops as way back
when shoelaces were fat and Michael Jackson was black"