Re: Outside of Debian

Lex Spoon wrote:

> Cool.  Also, I found debarchiver, which is *exactly* what I was looking
> for -- given some packages, it updates an apt directory tree for you.
> Just point it at the directory(ies) and run it.  apt-ftparchive lost me
> in a maze of options, and it doesn't have any help with installation.  I
> wish I had found this a lot sooner!

In case anybody find it interesting, I am working on a tool for
maintaining our apt-able staging area at sourceforge for the debian
dictionaries-common project. It is a script that allows uploading,
rebuilding {Packages,Sources}.gz and removing packages from the
repository, and only works when all the packages in the repository are
uploaded with it. It was inspired in some elements of debrelease and
code for uploading plplot packages to sourceforge. I am using it to
maintain my local repository, as well as to upload packages to the
dictionaries-common page. It is still too biassed to that project, but
should be of general use. I have to rename it to something not so
specific and make some changes with the same purpose, but if anybody
wants to take a look at its current state it is available from our cvs
at

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/dict-common/www/staging-area/sf-dictrelease
Agustin Martin Domingo, Dpto. de Fisica, ETS Arquitectura Madrid,
(U. Politecnica de Madrid)  tel: +34 91-336-6536, Fax: +34 91-336-6554,
email:agmartin@aq.upm.es, http://corbu.aq.upm.es/~agmartin/welcome.html