Re: Outside of Debian (Re: Package splitting and upgrades)

> The added complexity of specifying a component instead of using a
> direct path makes only sense if you distibute Packages for multiple
> architectures. If you do that, you should really take a look at
> apt-ftparchive.

Cool.  Also, I found debarchiver, which is *exactly* what I was looking
for -- given some packages, it updates an apt directory tree for you.
Just point it at the directory(ies) and run it.  apt-ftparchive lost me
in a maze of options, and it doesn't have any help with installation.  I
wish I had found this a lot sooner!

-Lex