We should not be just package maintainers to make Debian grow

On Tue, 2002-01-29 at 22:43, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Thank you for your contributions to Debian.  It cannot be stated enough
> that it takes more than just package maintainers to make Debian work as
> a distro.
I think it's really important to weight this sentence very well.
I'm going to become a debian developer, but beside packaging new program
there isn't clear evidence of what it's needed to be done.
We need a "Work_to_do portal", where people write in proposals of work,
people take the task of doing them.
Not only packaging.