adopting adrian's 2.4.x packages (was: Retiring from Debian)

also sprach Adam Majer <adamm@galacticasoftware.com> [2002.01.26.2317 +0100]:
> I would ask that these packages remain as they are or maybe even
> someone could take over. Otherwise it is not possible for
> one to use 2.4.x kernels in potato [for instance, if you don't
> have a resonable access to broadband you will not be able to
> upgrade to woody.]

i have contacted Adrian and would be willing to take over the
packages, after sitting with him in the hope that he will quickly fill
me in on the intricacies of being the 2.4.x package maintainer.

are there any objections from the list?

#define emacs eight megabytes and constantly swapping.