Re: An alarming trend (no it's not flaimbait.) (fwd)

> Oh god no. Please no. Inflating bug severeties just makes it harder to
> do releases; if there's a problem with normal bugs being ignored (and,
> IMO, there is), it needs to be addressed directly, not worked around by
> filing everything as important or higher.

But I think the point here is that the presence of a jillion normal
bugs, unaddressed for years, constitutes a release-critical bug, and
we want some way to filter such packages out of the release.  At
least, that's what I thought the idea was about.