Re: Unofficial Debian 'testing' FAQ (was Re: Packages in queue for woody?)

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 08:06:32PM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Dec 2001, Anthony Towns wrote:
>
> > There's support in the code for (or, at least, I'm willing to support)
> > a security team to upload security fixes compiled with the versions of
> > various libraries in testing to woody-proposed-updates and have them
> > be added immediately, but there's no security team who have the time to
>
> A big problem arises if a package is linked with a library that has a
> so-name change between unstable and testing (imagine e.g. that there would
> have been a security upload half a year ago for a package that depends on
> libguile*).
>
> This means the security team needs either have access to testing chroots
> on all eleven architectures currently in testing or you need additional
> autobuilders on every architecture specifically for testing.

And wouldn't it be possible to upload security fixes to
security.debian.org (as in stable)?

> > aj
>
> Adrian

Bye

Marcel Kolaja                              http://www.fi.muni.cz/~xkolaja/
NLPlab FI MU                                        http://nlp.fi.muni.cz/
"MS is a lot better at making money than it is at making good operating
systems."       -- Linus Torvalds