Re: Unofficial Debian 'testing' FAQ (was Re: Packages in queue for woody?)

On Tue, 11 Dec 2001, Anthony Towns wrote:

> There's support in the code for (or, at least, I'm willing to support)
> a security team to upload security fixes compiled with the versions of
> various libraries in testing to woody-proposed-updates and have them
> be added immediately, but there's no security team who have the time to

A big problem arises if a package is linked with a library that has a
so-name change between unstable and testing (imagine e.g. that there would
have been a security upload half a year ago for a package that depends on
libguile*).

This means the security team needs either have access to testing chroots
on all eleven architectures currently in testing or you need additional
autobuilders on every architecture specifically for testing.

> Cheers,
> aj

cu
Adrian

--

Get my GPG key: finger bunk@debian.org | gpg --import

Fingerprint: B29C E71E FE19 6755 5C8A  84D4 99FC EA98 4F12 B400