Re: dict-client virtual package name

On 08-Dec-01, 14:50 (CST), Bob Hilliard <hilliard@debian.org> wrote:
>      I propose that dict-client be added to the list of virtual
> package names.  AFAIK, this would apply to dict, gdict, kdict and
> serpento.  Are there any other dict clients in the distribution?

And what purpose does that serve? The mere fact that programs serve
similar purposes does not justify a virtual package. The point of a
virtual package is to allow other packages to depend on a specific
interface. What will depend on "dict-client"? What is the standard
interface provided by such a client?

Steve