Re: Why is nslookup being deprecated?

On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 23:28:29 -0600, Jor-el wrote:
> I sincerely hope this will not come to pass - if only because the
> definitive book on DNS and BIND uses nslookup in its examples.

Then that book can no longer be considered definitive. There is nothing
whatsoever Debian-specific about the behaviour of nslookup you're seeing.
The message you see is part of upstream's (bind9's) implementation of
nslookup.

Quoting the BIND 9 Administrator Reference Manual:
:<para>Due to its arcane user interface and frequently inconsistent
:behavior, we do not recommend the use of <command>nslookup</command>. Use

HTH,
Ray
--
Do Microsoft's TCO calculations include TC of downtime?