Re: ddts: notification about pt_BR-translation of the hello-debhelper description

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 02:44:01PM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
> See also the other mail: >50 changes in 10 days in main/sid

In a single package? Huh?

> But if you include the translation only in the debian/control you have
>  - delays (maybe we have a override file and can solve this)
>  - you will have outdated translations (like debconf now)

Yes, such is life. I don't see these as being sufficient reason
to invent a completely new system for dealing with this data.

>  - you must patch dpkg etc. in a wide way

This is not a good excuse. dpkg is a Debian-specific tool,
and so it should be modified if there is good reason to do so.
Don't work around it.

> We can include the translation in the package. This is not the
> problem, but please not in the control file. The translation is no new
> information of the package, it is only a translation. Only a other form of
> the orignal text.

I don't see why the distinction is necessary.

Hamish