Re: Translating Debian packages' descriptions

On Sun, Sep 02, 2001 at 09:12:52AM +0200, Martin Quinson wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 01, 2001 at 10:11:45AM +0200, Radovan Garabik wrote:
> > Of 8 friends of mine that are using debian, I know that:
> > 2 would want fallback hungarian->slovak->czech
> > 1 would want fallback lithuanian->slovak->czech->russian
> > 1 would want fallback slovak->hungarian->czech
> > the rest would want fallback slovak->czech
> > I prefer original English version
> >
> > nice statistics :-)
>
> Sure, that would be great. But, AFAIK, no i18n mecanism can handle that for
> now. Feel free to fill a wishlist bug report against gettext.

It's not well documented (neither gettext (3) or setlocale (n) seems to
mention it), but:

~ $ date -h
date: invalid option -- h
Try `date --help' for more information.
~ $ LANGUAGE=xo:eo_EO:de_DE:en date -h
date: Ungültige Option -- »h«
Mit `date --help' bekommen Sie mehr Informationen.
~ $

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
"I don't care if Bill personally has my name and reads my email and