Re: mozilla in testing broken

On Thursday 16 August 2001 20:52, Juergen Kreileder wrote:
> Miquel van Smoorenburg <miquels@cistron-office.nl> writes:
> > In article <[🔎] 87snesvrpm.fsf@zaphod.blackdown.de>,
> >
> > Juergen Kreileder  <jk@blackdown.de> wrote:
> >>Both the Java plugin (from our Java .debs) and Shockwave work for me
> >>with Mozilla 2:0.9.3+0-1, although the javaplugin_oji.so link in
> >>/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins gets messed up a little by the this part
> >>of mozilla-browser.preinst:
> >
> > Hmm, in the current 'unstable' I cannot find any package that
> > provides javaplugin_oji.so. Neither ibm-java (from the installer),
> > or jdk1.1, or jdk1.1-native, or any other package, has a java
> > plugin for Mozilla
>
> It's only on the Blackdown mirrors so far, use something like:
> deb ftp://ftp.tux.org/java/debian woody non-free
>

> 	Juergen
when i attempt to access a site with java when i dont have java installed it
asks me to download the plugin.  I select ok and it takes me to a site to
download java 2 for linux.  That works fine.  It could be the kernel i'm
using is causing mozilla to hate having shockwave and java working at the
same time.  although it's kind of strange how updating to the +0-1 build
causes java pages to crash mozilla but 5 minutes later using the august 8th
build, java works fine.   Anyway i saw a mozilla related fix in 2.4.9 so i'm
going to try it and see if these problems are fixed.  Mozilla performance has
been degrading steadily with the uptime of this box and that's not even one
week yet.