Re: Exult

In Sun, 12 Aug 2001 00:57:11 -0400 David cum veritate scripsit :

> Because there is duplication.  A "good enough" C++ compiler exists
> as the default in Woody and will be so AFAIK at release.  It is
> an entirely gratuitous dependency as there are no special features
> in gcc-3.0 that Exult needs.  Why require users of Woody to install
> libraries for a compiler they may never use?

Note that gcc-3.0 is the default compiler for some arches,
while it is not for i386.

> There is the additional concern that the new libraries may not
> even make it into Woody.  Then we would have no Exult in
> Woody and that would be very unfortunate indeed.

It is more than likely that these libraries will enter woody,
or some arches won't be...

> I'm all for pushing technology, but in this case gcc-3.0 just
> isn't stable enough to be the default for Woody.

If that is the case, some arches are going to have problems...

regards,
	junichio
--
dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4