Re: OpenOffice

On Thursday 09 August 2001 8:47 pm, Glenn wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Aug 2001 10:25:26 +0200 (CEST)
>
> "Wouter Verhelst" <wouter@debian.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Jan-Hendrik Palic wrote:
> > > Have to build STLport as deb, because it is required to build
>
> OpenOffice. I
>
> > > read the license and my question is, does the license of STLport match
>
> up to
>
> > > DFSG?
> >
> > stlport has already been packaged. See libstlport-dev and libstlport4.2
>
> cd config_office
> ./configure --with-stlport4-home=/usr
> cd ..
> ./bootstrap
>
> cd gpc; dmake subdmake=true  product="full"
> ------------------------------
> Making: ../unxlngi3.pro/misc/gpc.dpc
> Making : Dependencies
> touch ../unxlngi3.pro/misc/gpc.dpc
> dmake:  Error -- `../unxlngi3.pro/slo/gpc.obj' not found, and can't be
> made
> ---* TG_SLO.MK *---
> dmake:  Error code 255, while making 'gpc'
> ---* TG_SLO.MK *---
>
> Can anyone get bootstrap to complete succesfully ?
>

> Glenn

Hi,

While I haven't yet got through bootstrap, it is possible to get a little
closer at least.
This (gpc) was recently discussed in the discuss mailing list at
www.OpenOffice.org. The problem is that gpc isn't actually included with the
OO.o source and has to be downloaded from somewhere else (Kevin B. Hendricks
has put up a copy at http://crunch.ivey.uwo.ca/khendricks/openoffice/src
called gpc231.tar.Z because the original site disappeared). Unzipping this,
putting gpc.[ch] in the oo_src/external/gpc/ and running bootstrap should get
you past this.

HTH,

Simon