Re: OpenOffice

On Wednesday 08 August 2001 7:35 am, Jan-Hendrik Palic wrote:
> Hi....
>
> I'm goping to work on OpenOffice to buildit for debian.
>
> This Package very big and you need much of resourcen to build it.
>
> I want to aks, If anyone has sometimes worked to build it?
>
> Maybe, there are several people, to we can build a debian-oo- Group to
> build it?
>
> 	Greetings
> 			Jan- Hendrik Palic

I've been trying to build the sources since ~625B, but unfortunately each
time I come up against a problem during the tools build in the bootstrap
process. The file tools/source/stream/stream.cxx gives a parse error on lines
358 and 375, gcc said "Parse error before '('" ). I just wonder if it is
something to do with the version of gcc - the web site does say that it is
built with an older version of gcc than that which is in Sid.

I would certainly be interested in helping with a packaging project, or at
least talking about it :-)

Simon