Re: GCC 3.0 status?

Previously Alan Shutko wrote:
> That means that stable will probably be stuck with an old and
> not-very-compliant C++ compiler for a long time.  Are we sure we want
> to live with that?

Unless we want to delay releasing woody to 2008, yes. Switching to g++-3
is a *major* effort.

> Telling people who want a compliant C++ compiler that they have to use
> unstable, or install g++-3.0 and recompile all their C++ libraries, or
> switch to another distribution doesn't sound good to me.

They can compile and run their code on woody just fine, the only problem
is they can't link it with other C++ libraries we are shipping.

Wichert.

 /       Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool     \
| wichert@wiggy.net                   http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |