Re: GCC 3.0 status?

Wichert Akkerman <wichert@wiggy.net> writes:

> We can't use it for woody, since switching to g++ 3.0 means breaking
> the ABI and will force us to change to sonames on all C++ libraries.

That means that stable will probably be stuck with an old and
not-very-compliant C++ compiler for a long time.  Are we sure we want
to live with that?

Telling people who want a compliant C++ compiler that they have to use
unstable, or install g++-3.0 and recompile all their C++ libraries, or
switch to another distribution doesn't sound good to me.

Unless I'm missing something, and it would be easier for users than
this?

About all some men accomplish in life is to send a son to Harvard.