Re: What to do with ae...

On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 04:55:03PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 05:42:35PM -0700, Nick Jennings wrote:
> >
> >  Actually I think we have an obligation to include a pointer to the
> >  new editor. When I recently booted off a rescue floppy I automatically
> >  went for vi to edit my lilo.conf, I got a nice little message pointing
> >  me to ae.
>
> thats lazybox and as i said ae is now in lazybox.

so do you type "ae" and it works or do I type lazybox "<some option>"

> i see no reason whatsoever to bloat the base system (and root
> filesystem) with useless ae wrappers though.

so then the vi wrapper or whatever it is should be removed from the base
system as well. That way when I type vi I get the same thing as when I
type ae. nothing.

> >  I think the same should be done in this case, at least for the next release.
> >  I don't think it will matter after that since most people wouldn't try for
> >  ae because it's their preference, but because it's what they were used to
> >  doing the last time.
>
> its in lazybox which is in the boot-floppies, thats good enough.

having it available in lazybox is not what I'm getting at.
people will type ae and get sqaut. they will not know that another
editor is available and ae is still available but its in lazybox.
how do you expect people to find and editor if they don't know what its
called.

--
Jason Thomas                           Phone:  +61 2 6257 7111
System Administrator  -  UID 0         Fax:    +61 2 6257 7311