Re: METIS package

On 22 Jun 2001, Bob Hilliard wrote:

> "Eray Ozkural (exa)" <erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > The metis package was rejected by the Debian Installer because of
> > the license. However, it was discussed here that we could distribute
> > it under non-free since I have already taken permission for
> > redistribution.

<snip>

>      See Section 8 of the DFSG:
>
>   8. License Must Not Be Specific to Debian

<snip>

So, the package is not free. Therefore, it cannot go into main. But it
surely can go into non-free, right?

--
wouter dot verhelst at advalvas in belgium

Try does not exist. Believe that you will do it, else you will fail.

       -- Luke Skywalker,
       in the trilogy "The Jedi Academy", Kevin J. Anderson