Re: Locking of serial devices and devfs

Le jeu, jun 21, 2001, à 05:03:32 +0200, Wichert Akkerman a écrit:
> Previously Cyrille Chepelov wrote:
> > Hmmm... then, we have hardlinks and inodes. Can't we index by inode, then ?
>
> If you have to invent an inode number for devices it will mostly like
> be something like f(major,minor) so you might as well use those directly..

Do I really have to invent an inode number ?
muscat%ls -i /dev/misc
      6 apm_bios      122 psaux      390 rtc      391 tdfx

sounds like devfs already takes care of that (it's most certainly
f((int)some struct pointer), so it's probably not guaranteed to be stable
across reboots, but for locking, I'm pretty sure it's not a problem)

	-- Cyrille

--
Grumpf.