Re: How to deal with svgalibg1 | svgalib-dummyg1 and recent debhelper

Wichert Akkerman <wichert@wiggy.net> writes:

> Previously Thimo Neubauer wrote:
> > Thus I want the package to depend on
> > svgalibg1 | svgalib-dummyg1. I got this dependency by searching for
> > "svgalibg1" in debian/substvars and changed it by a sed (stolen from
> > the xaos package :).
>
> That sounds wrong, the shlibs file from the svgalibg1 package itself
> should already give you the right dependency. If it does not that is
> a bug in that package.

It's not wrong and it's not a bug in svgalibg1; see the
svgalib-dummyg1's README.debian, <dmm90vxqpf0.fsf@dcsun4.comp.brad.ac.uk>
(13 Oct 97 on debian-devel) or just actually think about it.

> At any rate never mess with the substvars manually but use a documented
> interface to it, like a commandline option for dpkg-gencontrol.

Which documented interface capable of fixing this problem would that
be Wichert?  Oh wait, there isn't one...

--
James