Re: How to deal with svgalibg1 | svgalib-dummyg1 and recent debhelper

Previously Thimo Neubauer wrote:
> Thus I want the package to depend on
> svgalibg1 | svgalib-dummyg1. I got this dependency by searching for
> "svgalibg1" in debian/substvars and changed it by a sed (stolen from
> the xaos package :).

That sounds wrong, the shlibs file from the svgalibg1 package itself
should already give you the right dependency. If it does not that is
a bug in that package.

At any rate never mess with the substvars manually but use a documented
interface to it, like a commandline option for dpkg-gencontrol.

Wichert.

 /       Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool     \
| wichert@wiggy.net                   http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |