Re: packages in main and non-US/main

On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 08:47:59PM +0100, James Troup wrote:
> Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:
>
> > Are the ftp maintainers already keeping track of those?
>
> No.  Until something is written to do this[1], I suggest people file
> bugs on f.d.o about any future ones.  I'll clean up the one's you
> mentioned after today's cron.daily.

I can add a check for this to my autobuilder, but this is rather heavy.
It's really simple to find them like this:

#---------------------------------

#!/bin/sh

wget http://nonus.debian.org/debian-non-US/dists/unstable/non-US/main/source/Sources.gz
zcat Sources.gz > Sources.nonus
rm Sources.gz
wget http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/unstable/main/source/Sources.gz
zcat Sources.gz > Sources

cat Sources Sources.nonus | grep ^Package:\  | sed 's/^Package: //' | sort | uniq -d

(Of course, the files should be placed in a safe tmp dir etc etc.)

You can find the duplicated binaries the same way, using the Packages files
instead, but I would suggest to just fetch the Binaries: list in the
respective Source package.  Also, you might want to do a version comparison
to have an indication which should be removed.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de