Is there a tool which keeps track of space on filesystems during install?

Hi *,

I noticed from time to time that it is no problem completely fill ones
partitions while installing packages. I wonder if there is a part of
apt, or apt-frontends which can calculate the remaining space on a
filesystem and trigger warnings if it get's to full. Yes I know apt
tells me how much space will be used after install (or removal) of
packages, but it does not tell me how much on which filesystem and it
does not warn me if limits are exceeded.

I would really like to see a tool which shows space requirements on
the different partitions and some sort of sanity check before
upgrades. Are there such tools in debian or has been thought of such
tools?

Thanks,

Matthias
--
+-------------created at Fri May 25 15:29:59 CEST 2001-----------------+
|    Matthias Berse                          Phone:+49-2323-42397      |

You can't push on a string.