Re: debian 2.3

On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 08:35:27PM -0600, Dwayne C. Litzenberger wrote:
> I was just wondering, will the next Debian release (2.3?) be based on kernel
> 2.4?  If so, will the installation program support reiserfs, a parted frontend, will it support reiserfs as a default install method, parted to
> split up FAT partitions, and possibly a game or two to play while it
> installs?
>
> If not, I am willing to help making this a reality.  (Is this the correct
> mailing list for this message?)
>
> --
> Dwayne C. Litzenberger - dlitz@dlitz.net

As far as i understand it woody's installation is not going to be the all
singing/bell whistling install that will be sid...

It is therefore based on the boot floppy system from potato with some
alterations.

Kernel 2.4 is pretty much assured for this release if you look at the
timescale posted recently.

Currently the install uses cfdisk however if parted is reliable and stable
enough (and light enough) for the boot disks then cfdisk may well be out the
door. ;)

ReiserFS as default seems a bad idea to me, but users should be given the
choice.

If you can find a lightweight console game then i;m sure they'll include it
;))

rob
--
Rob 'robster' Bradford