Re: Xinerama and gnome-control-center problems?

On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 09:26:26PM -0800, Carl B. Constantine wrote:
> I've dist-upgraded to Debian sid and am trying to use the xinerama extension
> to XFree86 4.0.2 on my Matrox G450 card. I have it working, but
> Gnome-Control-Center seems to not recognize that the desktop is larger than
> one monitor. Instead of stretching a background across both monitors like it
> should (and like I've done in the past with Xfrree 4.0 on a G400 card and
> Gnome 1.1), it tries to restart the background on EACH monitor. Depending on
> the option I choose (and the size of the picture being used), the background
> may start to be placed in the center of each screen.

Unless I'm mistaken, the app can't know that there are several CRTs that
make up a single display+screen, so it seems you have two screens or two
displays.  Are you sure that you're using Xinerama?

What happens when you type 'startx -- +xinerama'?

						- chad

--
Chad Miller <cmiller@surfsouth.com>   URL: http://web.chad.org/   (GPG)

        Ceci n'est pas une pipe            -- Daniel Case