Xinerama and gnome-control-center problems?

I submitted this report to ximain (not that they acknowledge it or anything,
GRR) but thought I'd ask here if the same problem occurs in the regular
gnome.

Package: gnome-control-center
Version: 1.2.2-helix2

I've dist-upgraded to Debian sid and am trying to use the xinerama extension
to XFree86 4.0.2 on my Matrox G450 card. I have it working, but
Gnome-Control-Center seems to not recognize that the desktop is larger than
one monitor. Instead of stretching a background across both monitors like it
should (and like I've done in the past with Xfrree 4.0 on a G400 card and
Gnome 1.1), it tries to restart the background on EACH monitor. Depending on
the option I choose (and the size of the picture being used), the background
may start to be placed in the center of each screen.

Needless to say, it's not working right and it should and has before. Please
fix.

I'm using Kernel 2.4.1 on an AMD K6-2/400, 256 MB RAM, Storm Linux 2000
"hail" which is Debian Potato upgraded to Debian Unstable (sid).

Anyone experiencing this same problem with the regular gnome?

--
Carl B. Constantine             (carl@os-s.com)    Phone: 250.953.2650
Open Source Solutions Inc.                           Fax: 250.953.2659

 Up the line - out the server- past the firewall - nothing but Net!!