Re: Is codebreak (not codebreaker) packaged by anyone?

Yes Joey,

You are right. I'm a newbie especially wrt packaging things for
debian. (I haven't packaged anything yet, mostly due to the very
cumbersome ways to get something uploaded etc. All this stuff getting
a sponsor and so on ... is holding you back). Seriously, even if I've
created some .rpms for these kind of distributions, see below, people
have not been interested in them, especially RH and MDK because
packaging is part of _their_ job.. And it's also this thing with the
key ring and signing packages etc...

I'm been following both debian-user and debian-devel mailing lists for
some time now, since slink (and installing), I believe. One of my
computers is running debian woody/unstable (SMP so the kernel is home
made) so in that respect I'm not a newbie. Other computers in my
_small_ home network are running RedHat+Rawhide (all started with RH
5.0), Mandrake 6.x, now Cooker and Suse 6.x so for me packaging an .rpm
is much more easy.

Regarding 'atp-get search' maybe codebreak _is_ packaged by someone, but
I did not find it by doing a search on the web site under unstable. I
don't know if any distribution is packaging it yet, but it seemed to
be an interesting game (Master Mind, according to
Linuxgames.com). However, Tuxkart, an OpenGL (3d) game is available
for Mandrake/Cooker and is very nice, similar to Tuxracer.

Debian is the way to go, together with the Hurd, later on ... just a
matter of time ... (and effort)
Svante