Re: swap not enabled if raid devices not in sync when booting

On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 07:02:39AM +0100, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> I wonder if one can just init/delete/format or whatever the Raided Swap
> Partition. Thats much faster than syncing, which does not make sense for
> data which is cleaned in the first place.

Creating a raid partition also causes a resync. I don't think there's a
way to say to the OS: "trust me, these two physical devices are exactly
the same, now please make a raid1 out of it."

Besides, you can't even do that when using raid5.

Frankly I don't understand why we're even discussing this here. It's a
limitation in the upstream code, and the Debian maintainer has even been
so good to play it safe. Either change your scripts locally or fix the
upstream code if you think it's a problem. (this is a generic "you"
btw).

--
The idea is that the first face shown to people is one they can readily
accept - a more traditional logo. The lunacy element is only revealed